Evergreen Presbyterian Church
1947, the college then known as Southwestern at Memphis sold a plot of
land at University Street and Tutwiler Avenue to Evergreen Presbyterian
Church. In 1950, the church building was erected. In 2013, the land and
church building were sold back to what is now named Rhodes College.
Under terms of the agreement, the church's congregation has the right to continue using the facilities for two years while makin arragements for its long-term future. It is possible it may still meet at the property thereafter.
The 9.7 acre campus sold for $2.6-million.
Rhodes College administrators say any proposed future use for the property is speculative. They say a campus master plan developed in 2000 has largely been completed and it is time for a new master plan which would likely include the future use of the Evergreen property.